Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2. You are a soldier in (choose one of the following groups): Tuskegee Airmen, 442 Regimental Combat Team, Navajo Code Talkers.

Write a letter to a friend or family member. Think of what might be in a letter like this: it would be on a specific date & from a specific city. this letter might describe your hopes, feelings, expectations, fears, etc. It might reference current events (or, then-current events), technology, or politicians. It might describe people, places, settings, technology and more. It might include the other person's life, perspective or questions. In fact, the person the letter is written to might be one of the people on that list!

Post the basic info for your letter to your blog on Tuesday, 4/27 before 11:59:59 pm. This basic info includes:
1. who you are & how you decided
I decided that I was going to be writing in the view of a Tuskegee airman during the beginning years of World War II. I decided that I wanted to be a Tuskegee airmen when Randy first introduced there role in the war. I also took a glance at a letter in a book that was written buy a black male about how he was fighting in two different wars which was segregation and in the world war that was going on. After reading that I thought of how my brothers and family members might have felt back then fighting the same war as other white men but getting treaty not as equally.

2. research! including specific links and the major topics, people, & info in your letter.
-(http://letter.ie/0008/0001.html) Here is a Link of a letter from a American Soldier . although he wasnt a tuskeege or african american soldier his letter is a example of what I would like to do with the attached pictures.

-(http://www.tuskegeeairmen.org/Tuskegee_Airmen_History.html)
-(http://www.tuskegeeairmen.org/uploads/nameslist.pdf)




3. an overview of the tone & ideas of your letter.
I want my letter to be written to the solders mother , wife , or family member. In the letter I want the solider to be talking about the different things they are going threw, observations and fears that they have about fighting in the war. I also want to discuss some of my soldiers concerns once he comes home and sees how things are going to change and how the war is going to affect his family and friends back home.
4. more???
I was thinking that I wanted to take a picture of what the Tuskegee airman would have possibly attached , into my envelope as more of a personal touch as maybe one would write if they there was a chance they would never see there family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment