Friday, March 5, 2010

Semester TWO : Blog 10

Do you believe that the Grapes of Wrath successfully establishes sympathy for the plight of Dust Bowl farmers? Why or why not?


I think that it did a pretty good attempt at making me feel pretty sympathetic for the farmers. The way that that Steinbeck explains how everything is going on seems like it is slightly overly told, and its hard for me to connect with the farmers grief because the way its wrote makes it desperate for me to feel sympatic. Its like when you see homeless people on the streets and there begging for your sympathy and they have signs and things that are trying grasp your attention and somewhat hit you soft spot. I feel that is what Steinbeck was doing and it somewhat hit my soft spot but didn't make me wanna give up my money to help sorta thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment