Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Internship #7:

Internship #7: Friday 1/15

Project description


Internship site: Sherman Elementary

Department: Kinder garden Teacher Assistant

Project Title:Level Changes


General Description: I will be Exploring the different levels of kids in my learning community.


Learning Objectives: To find a way to communicate and also separate the teaching levels of each individual student.


Organization/Company Objectives & Benefits:?


Schedule:
Mondays, Fridays :
9:30 am -9:50 I work with my lower students, playing games and going through worksheets.
1:20-1:50 pm I work with my higher students going over word list, playing games, almost the same as my low group just more advanced.
Tuesdays, Thursdays:
11:30 am -11:50 I do guided reading with my High students,
1:20- 1:50 I do guided reading with my low group.
Wednesdays
I work with my high group for 20 Min's then my low group for 20 Min's
most of the day is spent with the morning class because they have a short day.


Academic Skills: Presenting skills, teaching skills, patience and team building skills.


Technical Skills: I will be putting all of my worksheets and lessons and data together in a book, or something that I found niftty that my mentor uses when she has to present at teacher meetings and other events similar she will also be helping me put it altogether.


Collaboration—Skills and Opportunities: I will be working closely with my mentor daily , she also gives me worksheets and planning books that she uses that I use so any questions I have I go straight to her. I also do shared reading and calendar every day so I take over the entire class so I can get a better feel as too control and teach a entire class.


Exhibition Plans:


Schedule & Time lines:
Friday I would have done two weeks of groups with my high kids and also my low kids, by Wednesday I will have most of my presentation complete and ready to exhibit.



Next, provide a summary of your week:


Internship week one has been a amazing experience, I absolutely love my internship work place and also my mentor has been very helpful, understanding and fun to be around. The only problem that I have had is forgetting to complete my blogs. I get so wrapped up helping and teaching the kids that my day goes by so fast, By the time I get home I am exhausted and covered with glue, crayons and paper that I fall asleep quickly. But so far my experience has been memorable, my daily coffee is greatly needed to go through my day patiently and successfully. Things between me and my mentor has been great, Friday morning when I arrived I found a card on my desk with a small note and a Starbucks card inside. I would call this moment the highlight of my week by far . This also completed my week and made me thrilled to continue on. Something that I had a challenge with was the copy machine. My mentor asked me to make 50 copies of the weekly homework but I didn't understand how to work it so, I asked some people who worked in the office closes to the work room, after going through about 3 people we finally figured out the machine didn't have staples and we got the machine fixed and going. This was something that went wrong but was also beneficial to my internship experience,I got a chance to interact with people around my work place.

No comments:

Post a Comment