Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Internship Day 4

Answer the following questions to help develop your project:

1. What academic skills could you use on the job?
My reading, math, and writing skills are defiantly something that I can use on the job. My internship is working with kids that are much younger than me, Which puts me at a academic advantage.

2. What forms of collaboration could you use in a project?
I don't exactly understand this question. So I'm confused on how to answer it.

3. What technical skills can you use at your internship?
There aren't a lot of technical skills that I can use. I can use more academic skills because of the type of internship I am interning at. 

4. What new things can you learn while working at your site?
I am starting to pick up on small Spanish words, That I can say when the kids and parents don't understand. Ex. book and back pack homework and teacher.  I am also learning how to contain students who have certain learning disabilities and also some who are too advanced to control them selves in a lower level working enviorment

5. How can you exhibit, showcase or otherwise share your work?
I have been keeping a folder, with all of the different books, worksheets, and activities that I work with the kids with. I have also been snapping pictures and my mentor has agreed to take some photos of me. Which would give me two different forms of evidence and visual examples for when I am talking. 

6. How can your work or your skills & abilities help your company or organization?
I think that my work skills will help my program maybe run a little smoother than it is normally ran. Since the budget cut backs there has been 2 kinder garden teachers laid off which adds more kids to the other classes than there normally use to handling. With me helping the kids can get a better advantage at getting there proper dose of knowledge  and it also helps my mentor get a better chance at working with the lower students that need the extra help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment