Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Internship Day 5

Project title: Level Changes.

Project description: I have a group of 3-4 students that are at a much lower level than the rest of the class, and  I have a group of 5-6 students that are at a much higher level than the rest of the class. I work with a morning class and a afternoon class so in total I have around 20 students that I work with per day.  My job is to make sure that my lower level students get something like a double dose of reading and comprehension and everything that we do in regular class Becca's they need extra help. My job with the higher students is to make sure they have work that is going to get there brains rolling so they can continue to reach a higher level. Sometimes they cant focus or there craving more attention than the rest of the students. 

Project schedule: Please post a schedule that is as detailed as you can make it, from today through the exhibition of your internship project.
Mondays, Fridays :
9:30 am -9:50 I work with my lower students, playing games and going through worksheets. 
1:20-1:50 pm  I work with my higher students going over word list, playing games, almost the same as my low group just more advanced.
Tuesdays, Thursdays: 
11:30 am -11:50 I do guided reading with my High students,
1:20- 1:50 I do guided reading with my low group. 
Wednesdays 
I work with my high group for 20 Min's then my low group for 20 Min's
most of the day is spent with the morning class because they have a short day.


Materials & Equipment needed:
*Books
*Worksheets
*Games
*flash cards
*White boards
*Camera
*Computer
*Journal

Project documentation: How will you keep track of your work? How will others know about it? What will you have to show when internship is over? Please note that some internship projects cannot be fully documented for legal reasons or because of organizational regulations (i.e., if you are working on an ongoing case at a law firm or working on a project that will receive a patent, etc.).

I have a Journal, a folder with all of the work that I do with the kids. I am also taking pictures so you can have something visual to look at.

3 comments:

  1. ure so cute this sound pretty fun and i want to work with kids to so u r n inspration to meeeeh love u jazzzzzyy jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine I really like all the ideas you've pulled together for this project. It's a good use of skills. Only advice I have is that you be careful about the documentation of this project. There may be some legal work or something needed if you're going to be taking pictures of other people's children. Also you might think of a way to present this to a group of people since that's how it usually goes at the end of internship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmine, your schedule seems a little bit flawed, I only hear about what you're doing for 20 minutes of every day. What else do you do during internship?

    ReplyDelete