Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Internship Day One:



My workspace is basically anywhere in the classroom, when I'm working with the kids I'm normally walking around, and when I'm doing separate work then i set back at Maria's desk and do my work there.








The photo to the left is a picture of the playground where the kids line up at in the morning. Alot of time is spent on the playground. they have a 15min recess and they have a 40 min lunch while and they get to play on the playground. something that struck me was that I got a chance to bong with the kids during playtime one girl actually took my hand to come and play hop scotch with you so it was something that was shocking to me.







Something that was interesting to me is the technology that the classroom had. My mentor had a projector, a portable mic that hung around her neck and sound systems through out the class room. They also had a set of 8 apple laptops that the kids would use four at a time.
It was interesting because they were so young but are learning how to use modern technology.







My job at my internship is to help the kids with any questions and concerns that they have.
I would walk around when they had work sheet time, I helped them fix any mistakes that they had. I also had a list of students that needed help with sounding out the letters in certain words so I went through a book
with them and made sure they new all of the words in the book.







The person to the left is my mentor, her name is Maria. Shes wearing the normal attire for teachers at my internship. She dresses a step up from the other staff from what I have seen but everything is pretty much casual.






No comments:

Post a Comment