Friday, January 8, 2010

Internship: Day two

I woke up later than normal, My mom showed me a alternate way to get to my internship. I arrived a few minutes early which gave me time to talk to my mentor about today's plan. Today is going to be a little different from my first day because it is a regular day. However it seems to e a fun exciting day filled with many fun activities. For lunch I have bought some leftovers from home, a bag of chips a soda and some fruit. Just as I aspected the day went well, I am enjoying my internship, the kids and also my mentor.
What have you actively done to start off on the right note?
I think that just being on time, I have even arrived some days earlier than my expected time that way we could prepare for the day ahead.

What have you actively done to create interesting opportunities for yourself?
I have opened up for conversations, when I am in a place that is somewhat out of my comfort zone I tend to stick to myself. In order to get the full effect of the work place and a better feel for my mentor I had to open myself up.

What have you actively done to advance the interests of your mentor and/or site?
I have met different staff members and I have been interacting with more than just my mentor while I am at my internship.

What can you do in the immediate future to improve yourself and your experience in the above areas?
I think being more always on test by myself than wait for her to tell me what she would like for me to do. I am always on task but I tend to finish my work early so I am left waiting for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment