Monday, January 11, 2010

Internship Day 3.

Projects should be coherent collections of work samples and/or work experiences that are relevant and meaningful to both you and your company.
Answer these questions to get started:

1. What skills would you like to develop at your site?
Teaching skills, patience and able to take control of any situation.

2. What interests do you have regarding the work done at your site?
I think that teaching and working with kinder garden students would be a good way to practiced all of the skills that I have listed above. If you can control and keep the interest of 4-6 5year old students than you can pretty much control and focus a full group of adults. I am also working with different learning leveled kids which would help me learn skills for when I have to deal with people in a work enviorment who aren't necessarily at the same speed as me.

3. What needs can you address (needs your mentor has, your company has, etc.) based on your skills and interests?

I am pretty good at doing a list of task in under the time I am giving, I am known to work pretty efficiently and well with taking charge and lending a helping hand.I can also help things run a little smoother in the class room. There are 25 kids in the class at one time and I noticed that sometimes my mentor gets overwhelm with questions and comments the students through at her. When I am there I am another person that they can talk to and use for comments etc.

1 comment:

  1. Hello blogging buddy,
    just a question: What exactly are you doing at your site? And where is your site? Through this I can understand that you are working with 5 year olds and you clearly need patience with this task, so I take it that you're working at a kindergarten. Are you a tutor there, or just sitting in on classes?
    -Shanna

    ReplyDelete